Design Project Manager
La Macchia Group, LLC is looking for a Design Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. If you are a motivated, hardworking, and goal-oriented individual, we want you!
Founded in 2002 by Ralph and Mary Lou La Macchia, La Macchia Group’s mission is to provide customized design/build solutions to financial institutions while maintaining an unwavering commitment to integrity. Ralph, a seasoned professional in the financial institution design/build industry, and Mary Lou, a CPA who was then CFO of a financial institution, had a unique vision on how to do a better job of helping financial institutions improve their businesses. Ralph and Mary Lou’s business model was based on providing an open-book delivery from market analysis through construction. The primary differentiator from other delivery models is a distinct focus on research and Return on Investment as the basis for decision-making.
La Macchia Group’s methodology has proven to be effective, as evidenced by our Comprehensive Reference List and high percentage of repeat clients. La Macchia Group has projects in over half the United States and continues to expand geographically.
As a Design Project Manager, this role comes with a high level of responsibility. You will develop creative and innovative architectural concepts as well as coordination of the A/E production team. The Design Project Manager manages schedule and quality control, guiding the A/E production team through the design-development process. This includes assigning tasks such as artwork and programming. You will need excellent time management skills as your time will be divided between design work and supervising the work of the design/production team.
The Design Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the designs meet the client's requirements and work with the client to provide design recommendations. You must gather specific information within the project cycle and identify design solutions that meet the needs of the client. Strong communication skills and a technical knowledge base are required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reviews due diligence material, including surveys, soil reports, and environmental reports.
- Develop building programs
- Create conceptual and schematic designs
- Deveop preliminary plans to owner with project team
- Attends owner meetings with project architect to review plan development
- Attends plan commission meetings
- Develops design summary checklists
- Develops presentation material
- Additional duties that may arise during the project cycle
Candidate must be able to work within a fast-paced, team environment.
* Some travel will be required with this position.
Candidates for this position must possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals is essential to this role. Writing reports and timely correspondence combined with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of an organization is vital to this job function.
- Ability to assemble documentation into a presentation format utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Power Point, and/or other digital formats.
- A strong knowledge of architectural design, specifically Retail/Office/Financial spaces
- Strong design portfolio
- Knowledge and skills needed of design management, work planning, scheduling, and coordination of consultants/vendors
- High level of project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience of production/construction practices
- Demonstrate the ability to lead creative and technical discussions
- Possess solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and facilitate positive, productive communication between all disciplines
- Architectural/Engineering Bachelor's Degree and or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Architectural Design - Retail/Office/Financial Preferred.
- Experience with the following software: Autodesk AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, MS Project/Power Point.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Architectural Registration preferred.
Competitive compensation package based on talent, skills and experience.
* Portfolio, Work References, and Salary Requirements required during interview processSubmit Your Resume