Project Manager - Construction
La Macchia Group, LLC is looking for a Project Manager - Construction to join our team. The ideal candidate will have eight to ten years of related experience. A Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management Degree is preferred along with Design/Build experience, preferably in commercial environments. If you are a motivated, hardworking, and goal-oriented individual, we want you!
Founded in 2002 by Ralph and Mary Lou La Macchia, La Macchia Group’s mission is to provide customized design/build solutions to financial institutions while maintaining an unwavering commitment to integrity. Ralph, a seasoned professional in the financial institution design/build industry, and Mary Lou, a CPA who was then CFO of a financial institution, had a unique vision on how to do a better job of helping financial institutions improve their businesses. Ralph and Mary Lou’s business model was based on providing an open-book delivery from market analysis through construction. The primary differentiator from other delivery models is a distinct focus on research and Return on Investment as the basis for decision-making.
La Macchia Group’s methodology has proven to be effective, as evidenced by the Unedited Reference List and high percentage of repeat clients. La Macchia Group has projects in over half the United States and continues to expand geographically.
As a Project Manager, you will oversee two to five Superintendents who supervise Project Coordinators in the Construction Department. You will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Supervisory responsibilities are in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Duties also include training employees; planning, assigning, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Attends KO meetings
- Reviews, takes off and estimates conceptual plans
- Reviews, takes off and estimates 30% plans
- Reviews, takes off and estimates 70% plans
- Reviews, takes off and estimates 90% plans
- Reviews 100% plans prior to going out to bid
- Scopes and qualifies potential subcontractors
- Writes up invitation bid
- Meets with owners to go over bid summary
- Writes subcontracts and attachments
- Writes COs and POs
- Creates schedules for each project
- Creates monthly invoices and delivers to clients
- Creates monthly report and delivers to clients
- Acquires state and city licenses
- Attends fast track meetings
- Creates project profit reports
- Creates GC projections
- Updates schedules
- Attends staff meetings and reports on projects
- Attends PM meeting
- Reviews daily reports
- Responsible for site visits to projects
- Manages budgets on projects
- Creates range presentation estimates for owner review
- Attends pre-dress and dress rehearsals
- Reviews RFIs
- Responsible for negotiating/buyout on projects with subcontractors
- Oversees superintendents and projects
- Reviews CBs and addendums
- Coordinates any bond requirements
- Responsible for problem solving related to design and schedule
- Follows up on warranty issues
- Reconciles contracts and final bill process
Limited travel to client locations average approximately 2-3 times per month
- Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management Degree preferred.
- Design/Build experience, preferably in commercial environments.
- At least eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.