Architectural Designer / Technician
La Macchia Group, LLC is looking for an Architectural Designer / Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have two to three years of related experience and the desire to be a part of our dynamic and talented Design Team. A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. If you are a detail-oriented, eager to learn and a hardworking individual, we want you!
Founded in 2002 by Ralph and Mary Lou La Macchia, La Macchia Group’s mission is to provide customized design/build solutions to financial institutions while maintaining an unwavering commitment to integrity. Ralph, a seasoned professional in the financial institution design/build industry, and Mary Lou, a CPA who was then CFO of a financial institution, had a unique vision on how to do a better job of helping financial institutions improve their businesses. Ralph and Mary Lou’s business model was based on providing an open-book delivery from market analysis through construction. The primary differentiator from other delivery models is a distinct focus on research and Return on Investment as the basis for decision-making.
La Macchia Group’s methodology has proven to be effective, as evidenced by the Unedited Reference List and high percentage of repeat clients. La Macchia Group has had projects in over 31 states and continues to expand geographically.
The Architectural Designer / Technician reports to the Senior Director of Architecture. This position works closely with La Macchia’s Architects - providing support, coordination and interpretation of projects. The Technician must have a good eye for detail and the scientific ability to understand building technology. The following duties and responsibilities represent the essential functions of this position:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the science and technology involved in building and construction.
- In collaboration with the Architects and Designers, interprets concepts and drawings.
- Coordinates concepts and drawings with Project Designers to produce construction documents that reflects and maintains the intent of the design concept.
- Responsible for construction document production - preparing and presenting design proposals by using AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Continual collaboration and coordination with Architects, Designers and Engineers of construction documents, is a must.
Additional skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The educational requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
- Two to three years related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience previously listed.
Submit Your Resume