Assistant Project Manager (Co-op)
La Macchia Group, LLC, a nationally recognized Design/Build firm, specializing in financial institutions, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to add to our co-op program through Marquette University!
Founded in 2002 by Ralph and Mary Lou La Macchia, La Macchia Group’s mission is to provide customized design/build solutions to financial institutions while maintaining an unwavering commitment to integrity. Ralph, a seasoned professional in the financial institution design/build industry, and Mary Lou, a CPA who was then CFO of a financial institution, had a unique vision on how to do a better job of helping financial institutions improve their businesses. Ralph and Mary Lou’s business model was based on providing an open-book delivery from market analysis through construction. The primary differentiator from other delivery models is a distinct focus on research and Return on Investment as the basis for decision-making.
La Macchia Group’s methodology has proven to be effective, as evidenced by our Comprehensive Reference List and high percentage of repeat clients. La Macchia Group has projects in over half the United States and continues to expand geographically.
La Macchia Group is growing and so is our need for project management professionals who can assist our Project Managers in meeting contractual obligations and financial goals for ground up construction, additions, and building renovations. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Assistant Project Manager to work for a progressive company, with possible advancement opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Attends project kick-off meetings.
- Reviews plans, creates take offs and estimates conceptual plans; and construction documents.
- Helps scope and qualify potential subcontractors.
- Creates and maintains schedules for each project.
- Attends project scheduling meetings.
- Attends staff meetings and reports on projects.
- Attends weekly Project Management meeting.
- Reviews daily reports.
- Reviews and processes submittals.
- Helps manage and maintain budgets on projects.
- Visits site(s) as needed.
- Reviews RFIs.
- Reviews CBs and addendums.
- Participates in problem solving discussions related to design, schedule and construction.
- Follows up on warranty issues.
- Helps reconcile contracts and final bill process.
- Civil or Construction Engineering/Management majors preferred. Will take any related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.