La Macchia Group, LLC is looking for an experienced Field Superintendent to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least eight to ten years of experience. If you're a hardworking individual, send us your resume today!
Founded in 2002 by Ralph and Mary Lou La Macchia, La Macchia Group’s mission is to provide customized design/build solutions to financial institutions while maintaining an unwavering commitment to integrity. Ralph, a seasoned professional in the financial institution design/build industry, and Mary Lou, a CPA who was then CFO of a financial institution, had a unique vision on how to do a better job of helping financial institutions improve their businesses. Ralph and Mary Lou’s business model was based on providing an open-book delivery from market analysis through construction. The primary differentiator from other delivery models is a distinct focus on research and Return on Investment as the basis for decision-making.
La Macchia Group’s methodology has proven to be effective, as evidenced by our Comprehensive Reference List and high percentage of repeat clients. La Macchia Group has projects in over half the United States and continues to expand geographically.
As a Field Superintendent, you will act as an onsite supervisor of all division tradesmen. Job site could be in any one of the 50 United States. Temporary housing near the job site is paid for through a per diem amount. Expenses for traveling home every other weekend is covered by La Macchia Group with manager’s approval.
You will also control quality, schedule, owner satisfaction, and safety by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Sets up utilities, portable toilet, and water for trailer.
- Reviews and redlines plans prior to start of project.
- Reviews checklist for contracts and COIs for subcontractors.
- Creates RFIs and submits to architect.
- Authorizes work orders.
- Schedules and coordinates subcontractors.
- Monitors safety and logs findings.
- Writes up daily reports.
- Monitors quality control.
- Creates two-week look-ahead schedules.
- Attends job site meetings with subcontractors.
- Schedules and meets with local inspection agencies.
- Works with Project Manager and Vice President of Construction and Safety on overall job schedule.
- Works closely with owners and owners' representatives.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Pre-punches project.
- Works with Project Coordinator to get owner manuals and rec forms.
- Assists with call backs and warranty items.
- Reviews testing results.
- Fills out weekly time and expense sheets.
- Writes up final punch list and submits to Project Coordinator for distribution.
- Responsible for keeping job site clean and safe.
- Collects MSDS sheets from contractors.
- Keeps job site in compliance with OSHA regulations, including postings, fire extinguisher, safety books, and MSDS log.
- Brings job in on schedule and within budget.
- Works closely with outside agencies, including DNR, state, and DOT.
- Writes up minutes of meetings.
- Keeps weather log updated.
- Takes progress photos of project.
- Reviews contracts, addendums, and construction bulletins.
Directly supervises employees in the Construction Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 8 - 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Competitive compensation package based on talent, skills and experience.Submit Your Resume