Florence Federal Credit Union has always had community at the forefront of their thoughts. When opened in 1959, this Credit Union was designed to only serve City of Florence employees. Throughout the years their membership eligibility broadened, and in 2001, NCUA granted a Community Charter, giving Florence FCU the ability to serve residents in the surrounding counties.
With a growing membership, FFCU knew their limited service branch on Tennessee Street needed to become a full service branch, to better serve their growing community. Knowing they’d need much more space than before, they decided it was best to start fresh with a brand new build on the same lot the old building was on.
This new building gave Florence FCU the opportunity to reinforce their dedication to the community by including murals of local landmarks like The Old Railroad Bridge on both the entryway of the building, and behind the teller pods. Once again, driving home their motto of, "Caring, Committed, Connected".